A Swiss watch manufacturer with a long tradition
The Piaget company was founded in 1874 and Georges Edouard Piaget set up his workshop in La Côte-aux-Fées, Switzerland. He initially manufactured pocket watches and precision movements for other watch manufacturers. His son, Timothée Piaget, began making his own watches in 1911 and Georges Edouard Piaget's grandsons opened a second factory in 1945. The Piaget company specialized in the development of ultra-thin movements. In 1957, they launched the thinnest hand-wound movement on the market. It had a height of 2 millimeters. Three years later, they succeeded in developing the thinnest automatic movement with a height of 2.3 millimetres. The manufactory expanded the collection and now also produced jewellery. Watches in the form of cufflinks, brooches and rings were produced. Dials made of semi-precious stones were also part of the product range. The Emperador, Polo, Dancer and Altiplano models became icons of the Piaget brand. This is reflected in the new edition of the Piaget Altiplano.