The luxury watch company was founded in 1755, and in 1929 Vacheron Constntin and Wempe joined forces to produce watches with movements that combine numerous complications and dials with enamel work. The filigree details of watchmaking art are often only clearly visible with a magnifying glass. New combinations of complications are used in every collection of Vacheron Constantin luxury watches. The company's main factory is located in Plan-les-Ouates in the canton of Geneva. Since its foundation, Vacheron Constantin has established itself as one of the best-known Swiss manufacturers of luxury watches worldwide. The Maltese cross has adorned Vacheron Constantin watches since 1880.